Sunday, November 7, 2010

... or not

You might have detected a note of sarcasm in my initial post. If so - good job. You're my kind of people. If not ... well, work on it. The appreciation of sarcasm can be learned.

My fascination with religion boils down to a general interest in strongly held beliefs and epistemology. The difference between knowledge and certainty; the practice of argumentation; truth; science; philosophy of science and philosophy of religion are all topics that have piqued my interest over the last year.

Today I'm thinking about religion - but it could be UFO's for that matter. Paraphrasing a favorite quote from Neil DeGrasse Tyson about the evidence for UFO's: "bring me an ashtray". My prior blog post embodies that same spirit, with a humorous example of how God might have unambiguously and eternally removed all doubt of his existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment